Who We Are
Sierra Summit Children’s Academy is a trusted childcare center that offers comprehensive age-appropriate childcare programs for the community in Reno, Nevada. Our flexible curriculum is designed to foster curiosity, creativity, and imagination while also providing opportunities for children to develop essential social-emotional, cognitive, and physical skills. We have tons of enjoyable and stimulating activities for children that encourage their development during the day.
We believe that learning should be fun, interactive, and relevant to children’s lives, and we strive to create an environment where children feel safe, inspired, and challenged to reach their full potential. Our experienced and compassionate childcare educators create a supportive space where every child feels seen, heard, and valued. We coordinate with families to build strong relationships that support their child’s growth and development.
Each of our classes promotes a relaxed and happy environment where children enjoy their learning while also establishing friendships with other children. We support children every step of the way, from potty training, and learning while playing, harnessing their talents and abilities, allowing them to manage their emotions, to gaining their self-reliance skills.
We are thankful for being part of your child’s learning journey and milestones.
Our Mission Statement
Our mission is to provide an engaging, caring, and nurturing environment where children can learn, play, and grow at their own pace while being guided by our caring and experienced childcare providers. Every child is unique and deserves to be valued, respected, and supported in their own growth and development.
Our Vision Statement
Our vision is to be a leading childcare provider that fosters a love for learning and encourages creativity, curiosity, and imagination in every child. We aim to improve every child’s life, integral to their growth and success in the future.
Goals & Objectives
Develop children’s self-confidence and self-esteem:
- Positive child/teacher interactions
- Teachers model desired behaviors
- Encourage positive peer relationships.
- Individual needs and backgrounds of the children are reflected in all aspects of our program
Maintain an appropriate environment:
- Provide activities and materials to enhance the child’s creativity and allow for self-discovery at all skill levels
- Offer activities and equipment that develop small and gross motor skills throughout each day
- Offer a flexible curriculum and daily schedule that meets each child’s needs
- Prepare, considering each child’s individual needs and abilities.
- Offer a balanced curriculum that includes; learning styles, individual discovery, and teacher-directed and self-directed activities in a variety of learning centers
- Our teachers are encouraged to continue their education and lifelong learning in the field of Early Childhood Education
- Our teachers maintain licensing and/or exceed Nevada licensing requirements.
- Our teachers are dedicated to the overall growth and development of each child. They interact, explore, create, and play with the children throughout each day.
Encourage family involvement:
- We contribute valuable information on the growth and development of each child with our family, using assessment, observation, and progress reports as tools.
- We encourage our families to be our partners in the planning and development of goals and objectives for their children.
- We offer many opportunities for our families to be involved with our school.
”The best things in life last forever.”
Things such as self-confidence and self-esteem, as an eagerness to learn, explore and participate in social activities. These are the qualities we encourage at Sierra Summit Children’s Academy. We are dedicated to the overall growth and development of the children we serve.
We offer our children an exciting and interesting environment that encourages mental, physical, emotional, social, and cognitive growth. We provide a well-balanced curriculum designed to meet the children’s ever-changing needs and interests.
We offer an array of developmentally appropriate activities to assure that the children’s needs are fulfilled.
Our teachers devote themselves to interacting, exploring, creating, and playing with the children. They are encouraged to continue their education and training in Early Childhood Education and are required to maintain current licensing requirements.
Family involvement is a vital part of any quality childhood program. Families are the child’s first educators and know their child best. Children are more comfortable in an environment when their parents show an interest in their school. We appreciate the importance of family involvement and encourage a collaborative relationship between the school and our families.
Connect With Us
If you have any questions about us and our childcare programs, let us know by sending us a message.